PVPA members are encouraged to change the images on the website periodically. The annual maintenance fee will cover the cost of updating the galleries no more than once per quarter for those who
wish to show current work.
Images, their titles, and an artist statement are required with each submission. These will supersede images and statements already in the member online gallery unless otherwise noted in the
SUBMIT NEW PHOTOS
To update your web gallery, contact Web Manager Luis A. Rodriguez. You will
receive a follow-up email with detailed instructions.
- GALLERY FEES: The initiation fee for a member web gallery is $25. Subsequently, an annual maintenance fee of $15 should be submitted to our treasurer, usually at the
time of our Annual Dinner. Alternately, payment can be brought to a monthly meeting, or mailed to our treasurer with checks made payable to PVPA: (Bernie Kubiak, 1183 South East Street, Amherst
- FREQUENCY: Member online galleries may be updated once every three (3) months. Galleries that are not updated within a three (3) year period may be taken down by the web manager.
- QUANTITY: Up to 10 images per member will be posted in the galleries for viewing at any time. Only digital images will be accepted.
- IMAGE ADJUSTMENT: Please check your images on a computer before submitting them. Key areas to check are brightness, contrast, saturation and color balance. If you don't have software to
view and adjust them, others in the group do, labs do and there are inexpensive programs you can buy to make basic corrections.
- FILE FORMAT: JPEG is the preferred file format. Crop your images for best composition. When saving your JPEG images for submission try to adjust the size to be on the order of 200-600
KB. This will vary depending upon the color variation and detail of the photo of course but keeping them to a decent size will make for good viewing and fast loading.
- PROPORTIONS: Horizontal-Width should be 1024 pixels or smaller (dpi, at least 100), height should automatically adjust to 768 (make sure it does not exceed this). Vertical-Height should
be 768 pixels or smaller, the width will auto adjust to correct proportions. All should be submitted at preferably 100 dpi.
- TITLES: All images must be accompanied by the actual title you have given it not the camera capture file name.
- ARTIST STATEMENT: Provide a description that indicates some measure of your overall style of photography and your artistic intent.